• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon melted butter or vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
• A little butter or oil for cooking
• golden or maple syrup, and a knob of butter
• Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs and milk with a whisk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter or oil.
• Heat oil or butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes (size is up to you - one large pancake at a time or 2 to 4 smaller ones). As it cooks on low heat, toss a few frozen blueberries onto pancake(s). Cook for about 3 minutes over a low heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side until golden. Remove and repeat until batter is finished.
• Serve warm with golden or maple syrup, a knob of butter, and any leftover blueberries