Except for these. These are great cookies for pre-workouts or a quick energizing breakfast - and consist of basically 3 health-friendly ingredients that'll satisfy a sweettooth without killing your regime, and are a great way to use up any over-ripe bananas. They're basically made of nothing but oats, bananas, and whatever addition of essence, nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips you choose. So easy, and so fast, and a healthy alternative to the usual cookie. How can you NOT love these soft, dense creations? The downside is that they dont last longer than 3 days. The upside? I doubt they'll stay un-eaten for that long.
• 2-3 bananas (the riper, the sweeter)
• 1 1/2 cups oats
• 1 cup your choice of flavored chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc. Your choice!
• Preheat oven to 280.C
• Peel and mash bananas in a bowl with a fork
• Add oats and mash together until incorporated
• Mash in your choice of additions
• On a greased baking sheet, place your cookies 2cm apart using an icecream scoop (or tablespoon), and flatten slightly
•Bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until slightly golden
• Allow to cool
• Lasts up to 3 days in an air-tight container