I'm a cookie addict. Every shape and form of cookie in the world, I will eat, and I wont have just one... but quite possibly the whole batch. Of course those of you that are ultimate cookie addicts like myself will understand the dilemma; with the inevitable overdose of flour, butter, and sugar, the pounds will pile on and the buttons on your jeans will pop.
Except for these. These are great cookies for pre-workouts or a quick energizing breakfast - and consist of basically 3 health-friendly ingredients that'll satisfy a sweettooth without killing your regime, and are a great way to use up any over-ripe bananas. They're basically made of nothing but oats, bananas, and whatever addition of essence, nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips you choose. So easy, and so fast, and a healthy alternative to the usual cookie. How can you NOT love these soft, dense creations? The downside is that they dont last longer than 3 days. The upside? I doubt they'll stay un-eaten for that long.
• 2-3 bananas (the riper, the sweeter)
• 1 1/2 cups oats
• 1 cup your choice of flavored chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc. Your choice!
• Preheat oven to 280.C
• Peel and mash bananas in a bowl with a fork
• Add oats and mash together until incorporated
• Mash in your choice of additions
• On a greased baking sheet, place your cookies 2cm apart using an icecream scoop (or tablespoon), and flatten slightly
•Bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until slightly golden
• Allow to cool
• Lasts up to 3 days in an air-tight container